Nestled amidst the rolling hills and dense forests of Tennessee lies the picturesque town of Pigeon Forge. As the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, this charming town offers travelers a unique blend of natural beauty, vibrant wildlife, and cultural events.
From the comfort of Ramada Pigeon Forge North, a Pigeon Forge hotel with mountain views, you can immerse yourself in the region's unique wildlife and the fall season's vibrant colors while experiencing the Great Smoky Mountains weather.
From Rooms to the Great Outdoors – Pigeon Forge is Your Perfect Fall Destination
When you choose to stay at Ramada Pigeon Forge North, you're not merely booking a room but investing in an experience. Our hotel, known for its breathtaking mountain views, places you in the heart of nature's grand spectacle. With our Stay 3 and Save More offer, you can extend your vacation, giving you more time to explore the fall festival in Pigeon Forge and the surrounding beauty of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Latest In-Town Events & Festivals in Pigeon Forge This Fall
Dollywood Harvest Festival (Sep 20 – Oct 30; Dollywood Theme Park): Experience the rich culture of Appalachia at the Dollywood Harvest Festival. This month-long celebration showcases live music, artisan crafts, and a plethora of seasonal foods, making it a must-visit for families and solo travelers alike.
Fall Rod Run 2023 (Sep 14-16; LeConte Center): Car enthusiasts, this one's for you! The Fall Rod Run 2023 is a grand display of classic cars, hot rods, and custom-built vehicles. With live entertainment and a bustling vendor area, it's more than just a car show—it's an event.
National Quartet Convention (Sep 24-30; LeConte Center): Gospel music takes center stage at the National Quartet Convention. Revel in the harmonious melodies of quartet groups nationwide, and let your spirit soar.
Check out Pigeon Forge's top seasonal dining spots, events, and specials.
Wildlife Sightings in the Smoky Mountains During the Fall Season
The Great Smoky Mountains come alive in the fall. As the leaves change from green to hues of gold and crimson, as the wildlife becomes more active. Deer graze in the meadows, wild turkeys strut about, and the elusive black bear can be spotted foraging in preparation for winter. This season offers a unique window into the lives of these animals, making it a prime time for wildlife enthusiasts.
Bear Safety in the Great Smoky Mountains
The sight of bears in the Great Smoky Mountains is both thrilling and a reminder of nature's raw power. Here's how to ensure a safe experience:
- Be aware of your surroundings: Always be vigilant. Bears can appear without warning, especially near streams or dense vegetation.
- Try not to hike alone: There's safety in numbers. Hiking with a group can deter bears and assist if needed.
- Keep kids within sight and close by: Children are naturally curious, but it's essential to ensure they understand the importance of staying close.
- Make noise periodically: This helps bears become aware of your presence, allowing them to avoid you.
- Stay alert: Nature is best enjoyed without distractions. Keep music volumes low, and avoid using headphones.
- Dogs and wildlife: If you bring your furry friend, ensure they're leashed. A barking dog can provoke a bear.
- Bear spray: Always keep bear spray accessible and know how to use it. It can be a lifesaver during unexpected encounters.
Remember, bears are wild animals. It's essential to respect their space and not engage with them.
Maximizing Your Stay at Ramada Pigeon Forge North
Our Seasonal Break Sales Package offers guests a flat 15% off on room rates for the season. This package is designed to give you the best of Pigeon Forge without breaking the bank. From our cozy rooms to our top-notch amenities, we ensure your stay is memorable.
Contact our concierges to arrange the best fall trip for you and your family in and outside Pigeon Forge.